- Early days at TWI story, producing Football Mundial show around the world and how many times it went wrong
- How he got started during University days as a Sports Radio commentator
- Learning from his early days in Pay TV at BSB/SKY UK, Ten Sports, ESPN Star Sports – growing pains to success
- Is OTT the new PAY-TV world? Great learn opportunities in start-up environment
- Challenge of traditional broadcasters to re-invent themselves in new OTT environment – challenge in leadership
- Amazon Prime, Premier League streaming, Peter’s thoughts on their experiment and different model
- Short-form vs long-form content, different audience behaviour around the world
- Facebook’s tools for Rightsholders, teams, athletes and sponsors. New ways to monetize content
- Facebook’s investments in Sports content, La Liga in India, NBA in the Philippines, UFC in Germany. Partnership model
- Other ways to use Facebook to generate new revenue streams, re-targeting fans, etc
- Power of Facebook group, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and Oculus
- Peter’s learnings from his career, learn from others
- Facebook culture, scale and community building. Connecting people.
Peter Hutton has an amazing career path and unique track record of working on every continent, both for broadcasters and agencies. As a C level executive he ran Eurosport from Paris, ESPN-Star Sports in Singapore, Ten Sports from Dubai, had over a decade with IMG in London, Delhi and Hong Kong as well as a spell as Co-Ceo of MP& Silva. He now runs the sports business for Facebook, based in Silicon Valley, CA a long way from his teenage days as a radio journalist in Yorkshire.
Visit : https://marcusluer.com/podcast