Jeff Slack, the new Managing Director of the Aston Martin Cognizant F1 team is a highly respected American Sports Executive with a truly global CV, having worked at Pro Serve & FAME in the US, Wassermann Media and IMG in the UK, Inter Milan in Italy and a few others in between besides running his own agency the last few years out of London. His unique experiences are bar none across the globe and he is excited over the new chapter and challenge in F1. Listen carefully and learn.
- Early days at Pro-Serve (Donald Dell's Agency) in Washington. Experience working with Donald Dell and David Falk and the learning as a young man.
- Working with/for Michael Jordan (at David Falk’s FAME) – extraordinary experience
- Joining the Mueller Sports Group in New York, launching PSN.com in South America partnering with Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst – and what went wrong
- Next stop CEO of Inter Milan as an American executive - bringing US best practises to Italian Football and the reasons for it and stories behind it
- The “Juve” scandal and the “wrongs’ of Italian Football at the time, Inter had an amazing team and should have won a few Scudettos (Italian Championships)
- The next decade in the Agency world - first Wassermann Media in the UK, building the Football Agency Division (working with Casey Wassermann)
- Next IMG Football in London - Teddy Forstmann days as the owner of IMG – JV partnerships in Asia, with CCTV in China and Reliance Group (Mukesh Ambani) in India
- Launch of Indian Super League and work on the Chinese Super League marketing (both Football)
- CCTV stamp of approval of IMG and the doors it opened
- China Super League and two different opinions of its future
- India Super League and TSA’s competitive bid partnering with CAA against IMG at the time and the challenges of the League since then
- IMG is sold to Endeavor Silverlake and this opens up an opportunity to set up his own agency
- JS3 projects – FIBA Basketball Champions League, working with startups, etc
- The Aston Martin Cognizant F1 story
- Lawrence Stroll, world class entrepreneur, passionate motorsports enthusiast, buying Force India F1 team & turning it into Racing Point F1 and purchasing a stake in Aston Martin separately
- Jeff’s role is focused on the commercial side and creating enterprise value for the team, building a community, etc
- Great history of the team from Jordan F1 days and of course Aston Martin’s last time in F1, 60 years ago
- Positioning of the team and the sport in general and the amazing response and interest from sponsors and partners – testament to the Aston Martin brand
- Cognizant – who is the “mysterious” Fortune 200 company most people never heard of and how both sides work together to make the car go faster (smart partnership)
- Sebastian Vettel – an engineer racing a car – statement of intend
- New car launched on March 3rd – featuring the iconic green
- F1 2021 season and what to expect and how to prepare, from bubbles to testing, strict protocols
- Vision to be a top 3 team this year
About Jeff Slack
Jeff Slack joins the Aston Martin Cognizant F1 team after a 30-year career across the sports industry. The American sports executive has extensive experience at the highest commercial level of sports.
His career began managing Michael Jordan's marketing activities before moving into sports private equity with Hicks, Muse.
In 2000, Slack became the first American CEO of a top European football club, Inter Milan. He also has a wide range of agency experience, with leadership positions at Wasserman and IMG.
More recently, Slack has been a commercial adviser to FIBA and Dorna, as well as undertaking a number of personal investments in businesses across the sports industry.
Follow us on our social sites for the latest updates
To get in touch, please email us at email@example.com
Feel Good by MusicbyAden https://soundcloud.com/musicbyaden
Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0
Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/_feel-good
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/bvgIqqRStcQ